Re: A request on behalf of Turkish Music

From: Adam Good
Subject: Re: A request on behalf of Turkish Music
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 13:27:49 -0400

Hi everyone, I'm finally chiming in here...

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 8:38 AM Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, here's the question: Shall we add such glyphs at all?  A
cautionary and a digit can easily be combined on the macro level...

In my opinion, the best solution is create glyphs for the accidentals used in Turkish folk music. These accidentals get used in key signatures:
http://www.turkuler.com/nota/ezgi_uzun_ince_bir_yoldayim.html

Learning how to create glyphs usable for Lilypond is very much far back on my bucket list but I can think of a million uses once I'd acquire it! Does anyone here want to help me or point me in the right direction for learning this??

ATTN: Hans...
Going by the chart Emre shared with us, good news, I'm figuring this is not using a (near) Pythagorean tuning like AEU 53 ET. I'd call it 48 ET. Once we have the glyphs ready this is very easy to put together.

Adam