Re: Alignment issues of Time signature above the staff

From: Chen Leo
Subject: Re: Alignment issues of Time signature above the staff
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:56:52 +0000

Hi Kevin,

After I made some adjustments to my score, I was still able to find a problem which only happens on rare occasions. That is, the bar widths don't expand according to the time signatures' width when time signatures exceed the bar lines (see attachment).

Later I found out that this problem is caused by the extra-spacing-width property. Being set to #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0) by default, the time signatures' lengths are not aware by the bar widths. I tried to set extra-spacing-width to #'(0 . 0.8) (Time signature objects' default value), this solves the problem, however, the problem about the markup text being pushed to the left when using \textLengthOn occurs again.

I think some possible solutions for this problem would be either to make text scripts from other staves unaware of the time signature text scripts or to expand bar widths when the text scripts' widths are exceeding them.

Thanks,
Leo