Re: 2.21.1 change of behavior of \compressMMRests?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: 2.21.1 change of behavior of \compressMMRests?
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 23:50:11 -0700

Thank you for your reply, David.

On 5/2/20 4:06 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Sat 02 May 2020 at 14:10:44 (-0700), Paul Scott wrote:
Now I have tried it with no improvement.
But you don't show us what you ran.

Also,  the whole point of \timing is to not to have stuff in or before
the parts which can all be in one function (timing or common).  As I
said I have been using this idea for many years and now the behavior
seems to have changed.
But you haven't shown us an MWE of your construction that works in 2.19.

Neither of your examples looks anything like the example in NR.
The first one has nothing after \compressMMRests because you followed
it with }, and the second one applies to s1*28, which contains no
rests.

\compressMMRests needs to be followed either by an R… or by { }
containing music with instances of R… within it. A variable can stand
for either of those.