Re: Identify included files

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Identify included files
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 10:29:22 -0400

> On 18 May, 2020, at 9:37 AM, antlists <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> define trombone-notes.ly as a target, define it as changed if its
> dependencies change, and say "it doesn't exist as a file that can be created
> with a command".

Right, that’s the step I’m trying to automate.  Make itself cannot determine
the list of prerequisites.  You either need to do that manually (a real pain)
or provide a tool that can examine a file, determine what its prerequisites are
and then write them out in a way that make understands.

From the manual for GNU Make:
https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Automatic-Prerequisites.html#Automatic-Prerequisites

The example there uses the -M flag for a C compiler.  I’m looking to come up
with an equivalent for LilyPond.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey