Re: Identify included files

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Identify included files
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 16:12:11 -0400

> On 20 May, 2020, at 12:05 PM, Fr. Samuel Springuel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Use of the -dbackend=eps (or setting the backend to eps in the file) also
> causes the production of several other files (*-systems.tex, *-systems.texi,
> *-systems.count, and the eps and pdf files for each system) while -E (or
> --eps) does not.  So far, however, I haven’t been to determine the difference
> between these two situations.  Is there some variable (or scheme function)
> that can be used to figure out if these files are being produced (and how
> many systems there are)?

Okay, I found the answer to this one.  The aux-files option (accessed with
(ly:get-option 'aux-files)) indicates that these files are being created.

It’s also occurred to me that the only way to determine the number of systems
is to actually do the typesetting.  Any attempt, therefore, to determine the
targets and prerequisites automatically without typesetting the document cannot
know exactly how many there are and has to be written from that perspective.
This part of the question was akin to asking someone how many apples are in a
bag while keeping the bag hidden from them.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE