Re: registering a composition

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: registering a composition
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 07:37:17 +0100

On 24/05/20 01:08, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Actually, GNU allows charging for the software.  From the Preamble to the GNU
> GPL:
>
> "When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our
> General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom
> to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish)"

You have freedom to charge for the SERVICE of DISTRIBUTING the software
(which I said :-), not the freedom of charging for the software itself.

Yes, I know I'm being pedantic, but when you're dealing with the law
pedanticism matters :-)

(GPL v2 contains some bugs, and some people actively exploit those bugs
as features ...)

Cheers,
Wol