Re: registering a composition

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: registering a composition
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 15:18:00 +0200

On 5/24/20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> You are working from the premise that everybody except you is an idiot.

Guys, stop bickering and veering off-topic.  The original purpose of
this thread was to help Francesco gain some insight into the copyright
modalities and possible publishing choices; arguing about whether one
particular license authorizes or not to sell software and/or CDs
and/or services may be interesting (though I believe this has already
been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere, and by more knowledgeable people
than *any* of us) but it remains absolutely orthogonal to the matter
at hand.

Granted, I was probably the one who opened that can of worms in the
first place; although I do have my own principles and beliefs, the
only point I’ve been trying to get across is that Francesco has
_several_ options (and not that many risks), rather than the Single
Mandatory Way that’s ordinarily offered to authors and artists.

As far as I’m concerned, there is no invalid or morally corrupt choice
(even publishing under all-rights-reserved and subjugating oneself to
some private copyright organization), as long as it _is_ a choice,
made deliberately and not out of ignorance or fear.

Cheers,
-- V.