Re: bach chorales

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: bach chorales
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 15:01:24 +0200

On 5/24/20, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
> Who are we to thank for this wonderful and useful work? I see the name
> Ph. Hardy in the score with an email. Is he still active?

It’s an alias of Philippe Hézaine, who was quite active on -user and
-user-fr a few years ago:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-05/msg00169.html

You can find the sources and PDF for his edition of Bach’s Chorals
here, before his website got defaced:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160906112534/http://superbonus.project.free.fr/spip.php?article48

You can still find his other website here:
http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr/

The address given on that website doesn’t appear to be relevant
anymore, but you can find another one at the bottom of this page if
you want to try and reach him:
https://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=760

That being said, I can’t seem to find any recent traces of him online.
I hope he’s okay; I remember him as a very nice guy (from northern
France, I think), full of ideas and generosity; as an example, the
musical play he wrote is dedicated “To Richard Stallman; To the FSF;
To the LilyPond guys; To the Ardour guys; To food banks.” That doesn’t
sound like someone who would object to his work being copied and made
available online…

Cheers,
-- V.