Mac OS X Catalina 64-bit compile ?

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Mac OS X Catalina 64-bit compile ?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 18:29:37 +0200

Is there somebody already working on a proper 64-bit compile of LilyPond for
the new Mac OS X 10.15.4 "Catalina" version?

As an end-user now (but with more than 25 years of software experience, a lot
of mainframe and Unix hours spend in systems programming, now retired), I liked
the Apple "old style" for install and usage, that is: just copy the .app file
from a .dmg to a location you like. Although nowadays the job to set up a
complete virtual machine or yet another development copy is quite easy, that
still feels overdone to me. And I know from the past a seemingly simple compile
is often not always a straightforward task.

I could e.g. contribute in donating CPU-cycles. Or is there a better way to do
this?

Sponsore a compile by someone who is experienced in doing this? Who to address?

Regards,
Wim.