Re: Lilypond PDF links in TexShop (Mac OS)

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Lilypond PDF links in TexShop (Mac OS)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 12:06:40 -0500

On Mon 03 Aug 2020 at 08:35:20 (-0400), Michael Seifert wrote:
>       The attached .ly file produces the attached PDF when typeset on my
> machine.  Clicking on any one of the note heads then opens the Lilypond
> editor with the appropriate string highlighted;  I want it to open the file
> in TeXShop instead.
>
>       I’ve included the PDF that my system generated in case you or someone
> might spot a malformed link or something like that.  The links in the
> attached PDF probably won’t work for you (or anyone else), since they contain
> explicit reference to my user directory on my local machine.  You’ll have to
> re-typeset the file on your machine to get the links to point to the
> appropriate filename.

Your PDF is fine, as are the links. As I'm on Debian, I mangled one of
the links (which are absolute) in the PDF (attached) with a nonce
directory in /tmp. I then started emacs as a server, copied the .ly
file to the nonce directory, displayed the PDF in xpdf, clicked on the
note (it's the first note of the tied a), and emacs displayed the
source with the cursor in the right place. Perfect.

The click in xpdf activates its configuration parameter (set by me)
  urlCommand      "lilypond-invoke-editor %s"
I think lilypond-invoke-editor comes in the LP distribution and will
differ for different platforms.

However, from what I've read on the web, people seem to be settled on
the fact that TeXShop won't do anything with its arguments, so there
doesn't appear to be a way of feeding in the line/charactor positions
contained in the links.

Cheers,
David.