Is Lilypond’s G-Clef too straight?

From: lilypond
Subject: Is Lilypond’s G-Clef too straight?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 12:05:57 +0200

Lilypond has a very characteristic G-Clef. I’ve only seen a handful of
Bärenreiter scores with a similar clef.

I personally find the Lilypond-Clef beautiful, but quite some people find it a
bit too characteristic. I think part of this could come from the Clef being
very straight. In most editions the G-Clef has a slant forward, so that the
right edge is less leaning backward.

So I’ve simply tried to rotate the clef a bit, and I’ve found that with just a
slight rotation the clef looks much more like a „standard” G-clef.

So what do you think about this? Could it be that the G-clef of Feta is just
slightly too straight?

Cheers,
Valentin