Re: Latest lilypond git master creating PDF 1.4 files instead of 1.7

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Latest lilypond git master creating PDF 1.4 files instead of 1.7
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:09:49 -0700

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 03:10:57PM +0200, Valentin Petzel wrote:
> Is it a problem with all documents, or only with specific ones? Can
> you give us some example file where you get the problem (also maybe
> two pdf files compiled with both versions)?

OK, I attached a contrived .ly file that produces 2 pages of music (the
effect is most noticeable when there's more than 1 page), and two
.pdf's, one compiled by the official Debian lilypond package (2.22.1),
and one by my local lilypond build (latest git master).

The second file (test-bad.pdf) is noticeably slower to view on a PDF
viewer; this is especially noticeable when flipping between pages.
Whereas the first one (test-good.pdf) renders quickly and pages quickly.

Век живи - век учись. А дураком помрёшь.