Re: Having an actual hyphen in the lyrics?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Having an actual hyphen in the lyrics?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 18:31:37 +0000

On 9/15/21, 11:20 AM, "lilypond-user on behalf of Valentin Petzel"
<lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
valentin@petzel.at> wrote:

    Hello Kira,

    The problem with this is that how well it works depends on the horizontal
    spacing of the system. I’ve attached a short example of how you can tell
    Lilypond to actually align the dash under the note. It involves setting
    melismaBusyProperties to make Ties not be handles as melisma in the one
case,
    and manually skipping the tied note in the other stanzas using _

I actually don't think that the intent is to place the dash under the tied
note.  I think the dash is punctuation in the lyrics, not a lyric itself.

That's why I think the "lyric --" solution is the right solution.

Thanks,

Carl