Re: \include inside function

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: \include inside function
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 20:10:31 +0100

Hello David,

An assignment basically adds a pair (symbol, value) to some assignment table.
So shouldn’t it be possible to parse a file with a new assignment table and
then convert this assignment table into a scheme accessible structure?

I do not mean to say that assignments should not be performed, but that they
should be performed in a different scope, which we then make accessible from
the original scope.

This could also enable some sort of name-spacing. Let’s say we have different
Ly files that were not written with name-spacing in mind and then we want to do
a project to combine these. Then instead of needing to rename assignment in
one file we could do something like

fileA = \include "fileA.ly"
\fileA.score

or something, whatever.