Accent size and stem length

From: Erika Pirnes
Subject: Accent size and stem length
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 13:21:57 +0000

Hi,

There are two things that I would like to achieve and haven't yet been able to figure out. One is to globally reduce the accent size. I'm reducing the size of the noteheads, and that makes the accents look ridiculously big. The other thing is to have a more consistent length for stems. In my minimal example, the stems in the first measure look too short because in both measures they extend to the middle line. Any ideas?

Minimal example:

\version "2.18.2"

music = \relative c''' {
  b8-> \repeat unfold 5{b->} b4->