Re: 'baroque' time signatures

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 'baroque' time signatures
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 00:34:58 +0100

Leo Correia de Verdier <leo.correia.de.verdier@gmail.com> writes:

> I added necessary supporting code like Michael (and a voice filled
> with repeated half notes, so I could hear the tempo) and got it to
> compile compile correctly with tempo changes (at least alternating
> fast and slow sections) on Lilypond 2.19.82 Frescobaldi 3.1.3, so I
> wouldn't think that is the root of your problem.

It may simply be the MIDI device he is using.  My own Solton expanders
refuse to go above something like 256 quarters per minute (which is a
nuisance if you have \time 2/2 \tempo 2=136) and generally have a dim
view against beat moments other than 4 or possibly 8.  Which means that
you have to juggle with \scaleDurations and its ilk when generating
MIDI.

If we don't get to see actual compilable code and/or the generated MIDI
files, I doubt we will be able to help him.

--
David Kastrup