Re: 'baroque' time signatures

From: Mario Bolognani
Subject: Re: 'baroque' time signatures
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 21:50:34 +0100

Here is my MWE (structure of lilypond coding regarding part of “Combattimento
di Tancredi e Clorinda” by Claudio Monteverdi):

    \key do\major
    \time 3/2
    \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 6 2)
    \tempo \breve. = 70
    s\breve.*20\break
    \time 4/4
    \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 4 4)
    \tempo 2 = 65
    s1*35\break
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.extra-offset = #'(+13 . -1)
    \mark\markup\italic\column{ "Sinfonia"}
    \key fa\major
    s1*60\break
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.extra-offset = #'(+15 . -1)
    \mark\markup\italic\column{ "Principio della guerra"}
    \key do\major
    \time 3/2
    \tempo \breve. = 70
    \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 6 2)
    s\breve.*6
    \time 4/4
    \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 4 4)
    \tempo 2 = 60
    s1*38\break
    \time 3/2
    \tempo \breve. = 70
    \set Score.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 6 2)
    s\breve.*4

   % and so on

    \bar "||”

When I change \tempo in 3/2 time the speed is more or less the same...

Mario Bolognani
mario.bolognani@gmail.com