Re: Should \partial accept music instead of duration?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Should \partial accept music instead of duration?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:20:03 -0400

Hi Jean,

> Yes, I understand better, thanks.

I can give you uncountable examples of "sugar" being more powerful than just
about anything else that's visible in Lilypond. [We all know that sugar isn't
as powerful as the amazing code underneath… but for the purposes of
Lily-vangelizing, it's the input code that makes the most obvious and immediate
impact on newbies.]

A really big case is stylesheets: when I show people that changing the one line
(e.g.)

    \include "musical/pianoconductor.ily"

    \include "pub/HalLeonard.ily"

makes the same code/content file appear like two totally different
publications, you should see the look of awe and envy on the faces of Finale /
Sibelius / Dorico users.  ;)

> I'd just suggest changing your snippet

I figured you'd have an improvement.
This isn't actually my snippet… but thanks for the tweak!

Best,
Kieren.