Re: Lirics in repeated multi-voice bar

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lirics in repeated multi-voice bar
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:55:01 -0600

Hi Jogchum,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 5:08 AM Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma@hccnet.nl> wrote:
Hi,

In bar 8 and 9 of the attached lilypond snippet, there is a split voice,
in a repeat block.

The text placement I get (added in the attached .pdf) is doubled,
besides  of placing the two stanza fragments just beneath each other.
(As such, the text placement is correct, but I need to get rid of the
doubles.)

Can anyone shed a light on what I'm doing wrong here?

You have created two new Lyrics contexts.  Each Lyrics context gets its own horizontal line (think of it kind of like a staff).  So if you want things to be in line, you need to make them part of the same lyrics context.

I'm not sure exactly what you are after.  I don't know if the bass2 notes are supposed to be for the second time through the repeat, and the alternate words go with the 3rd stanza, or do you want both bass1 and bass2 to be part of the second stanza?

If I knew what you were after, I could help you.

Thanks,

Carl