Re: Lirics in repeated multi-voice bar

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Re: Lirics in repeated multi-voice bar
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:06:28 +0200

Op 29-03-2022 om 18:55 schreef Carl Sorensen:
Hi Jogchum,

<...>
You have created two new Lyrics contexts.  Each Lyrics context gets its own horizontal line (think of it kind of like a staff).  So if you want things to be in line, you need to make them part of the same lyrics context.

I'm not sure exactly what you are after.  I don't know if the bass2 notes are supposed to be for the second time through the repeat, and the alternate words go with the 3rd stanza, or do you want both bass1 and bass2 to be part of the second stanza?

If I knew what you were after, I could help you.

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

The bass 2 and bar3 notes are not are not meant to be a division between the two repetitions; in both repetitions  it is a split bass, lines sounding simultaneously.

But inspired by your remarks, I associated the lyrics in these bars :

- for the first repetition to bass1 (like the rest of the bass-lyrics),
- for the second repetition to bass 3

Now the text is not doubled anymore.

Bur the dynamic signs keep getting doubled...

It's not a big issue, this is not for publication, just for my own choir.
So please don't spend too much time on it. But as an "academic" question I'm curious how this can be solved...

Thanks for your answer!

regards, Jogchum

P.S. I'll respond to David Wright in a separate message.

     r << \new Voice% = "bass2"
          {  << { \voiceOne
                      g^\>
                      fis1~\!( ^\p