Re: new behavior of lilypond-book-preamble.ly?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: new behavior of lilypond-book-preamble.ly?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:51:56 +0200

Le 30/03/2022 à 16:40, K. Blum a écrit :

Am 30.03.2022 um 00:53 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:

This is

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6235

You can get cropping with -dcrop in the command line or
#(ly:set-option 'crop) in your .ly file, but it is different in that
it generates a separate .cropped.xxx file in addition to a non-cropped
main .xxx file (with xxx = pdf most of the time).

Jean

Merci, Jean.

May I hope that someday we will get back the original behavior?
I'm asking because the OOoLilyPond extension for LibreOffice and
OpenOffice heavily relies on lilypond-book-preamble.ly (and has done
that ever since).
For the sake of backward compatibility, it is absolutely desirable to
continue in the same way. Changing the workflow inside OOoLilyPond could
make it unusable for LilyPond versions prior to 2.23.5.
See https://github.com/OOoLilyPond

At this point I'm not sure it will stay the same, but I did
already request in the issue that we got back *some way*
to obtain the same.

Feel free to add your comments on the issue.

Thanks,
Jean