Re: new behavior of lilypond-book-preamble.ly?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: new behavior of lilypond-book-preamble.ly?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:42:18 +0200

Le 30/03/2022 à 17:25, K. Blum a écrit :

Am 30.03.2022 um 17:15 schrieb Carl Sorensen:

Is it not possible to make OOoLilyPond check for the LilyPond version and respond differently based on the LilyPond version?

No, unfortunatly not:
The use of lilypond-book-preamble.ly takes place in templates.
These are dedicated *.ly files that can be modified by the user. Many people might build their own from scratch. Having OOoLilyPond responding differently would imply that users would have to modify all of their templates manually. I hope that there is a way to avoid that.

We provide convert-ly to do syntax changes more freely with less pain for users. Could that not apply here?

Jean