Re: Temporary div. multiple staffs

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Temporary div. multiple staffs
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 09:27:29 -0700

On 2022-04-09 8:45 am, David Zelinsky wrote:
A question about Aaron's example:

You are referencing an aspect of the original source, not what was being demonstrated in the updated version.

What is the purpose of the following
line (line 12)?

\once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'break-visibility = ##(#f #f #f)

The "\omit TimeSignature" on line 7 seems to do the trick, and in fact
as far as I can tell the above \override has no effect, even when the
\omit TimeSignaure is removed.

You are correct that the \omit alone is sufficient. I am unsure why the original had the break-visibility override.

That aside, it would probably be best to use \once \omit to limit the scope of the command's effect.

-- Aaron Hill