Re: Temporary div. multiple staffs

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: Re: Temporary div. multiple staffs
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 11:45:41 -0400

Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> writes:

> In many cases, you can rely on the implicit handling of contexts.
> Your example #16 above relies on the implicit continuation of the
> current context as only the divisi staff is explicitly created, so
> things do work as expected.
>
> But note that this new staff appears below the original one.  If you
> wanted it to be above, consider:
>
> http://lilybin.com/1l8whf/17
>
> (I added color just to make it easier to see which context is which.)

A question about Aaron's example:  What is the purpose of the following
line (line 12)?

   \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'break-visibility = ##(#f #f #f)

The "\omit TimeSignature" on line 7 seems to do the trick, and in fact
as far as I can tell the above \override has no effect, even when the
\omit TimeSignaure is removed.

-David