Re: Automated crossed syllable binding notes?

From: Remy CLAVERIE
Subject: Re: Automated crossed syllable binding notes?
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 06:29:23 +0200 (CEST)

I had not seen that the link was in the PPS before sending the email...

Sorry

Rémy

envoyé : 2 mai 2022 à 06:20
de : Remy CLAVERIE <remy.claverie@orange.fr>
à : lilypond-user@gnu.org, t.j.pinkert@alumnus.utwente.nl, "Tjeerd J. Pinkert" <tjeerd@tjeerd.org>
objet : Re: Automated crossed syllable binding notes?

Hi Tjeerd,

The two crosses are the symbol of a sharp, I think.

Is the whole original score available on internet ?

Thanks,

Rémy

envoyé : 1 mai 2022 à 22:56
de : "Tjeerd J. Pinkert" <tjeerd@tjeerd.org>
à : lilypond-user@gnu.org
objet : Automated crossed syllable binding notes?

Dear users,

I'm trying to set some music in petrucci style. What I find often in the
original scores are crosses that tie together two syllables of the song
text, but that should have no note length in the score. A screenshot is
attached as .png file.

I came up with the code below that works both in the score and in the
generated midi file, where the crossed notehead should take about half
the note length (when it is not the same pitch). At least, I'm happy
with that even when the pitches of note and crossed note are equal.

Since this construction comes in larger multitudes in the scores I would
like to automate it. E.g. by typing something like: d1\melisma
c\melismaEndWordTie

This should than automatically add the *1/2, the override and the
correct length to the crossed notehead. The crossed notehead in the
original scores is independent from the length of the note in front of it.

How can that be best done?

---
\version "2.22.0"

theStaff = \new PetrucciStaff <<
\clef "petrucci-c2"
\new PetrucciVoice = "contra" {
\key f \major
\time 2/2
\cadenzaOn
\relative g'{ d2 d1*1/2\melisma \once \override NoteHead.style
= #'cross c1*1/2\melismaEnd bes1 }
}
\new Lyrics = stanzaOne \lyricsto contra {ſe ſont les}

\score{
\theStaff
\layout{
indent = 0\cm
\context {
\PetrucciStaff
\override Clef.break-visibility = ##(#f #f #t)
\override TimeSignature.style = #'mensural
\override NoteHead.ligature-flexa = ##f
\score {
\theStaff
\midi {
\tempo 2 = 120
---

Best regards,

Tjeerd Pinkert

P.S. Would this be a useful addition to LilyPonds standard features?
P.P.S. Original scores: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b525015926