Re: Stem extension question

From: Rip _Mus
Subject: Re: Stem extension question
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 08:44:43 +0200

Hi Jean,
thank you for the reply!
The purpose is to simplify the inserting of hartificial harmonic + resulting sound, without using the creation of a second voice.
I found that it is possible to tweak the stem-begin-position property, but this work only for unbeamed note.
Do you have any suggestion? Also in different way to achive the result.

Thank you

Il dom 1 mag 2022, 21:48 Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> ha scritto:
Hello,

Le 01/05/2022 à 11:26, Rip _Mus a écrit :
> Good morning to everyone,
> I would like to ask you if you know a way to manually define the
> extension of a Stem in the case of a chord. For example, I write a
> chord of three sounds, but I would like the Stem to extend only to
> some of them, for example the two lowest notes, making the top note
> "floating".
> Obviously the result can also be obtained by using multiple voices,
> but if there were the possibility of using a tweak, the result would
> certainly be easier to obtain.
>
> Thanks

What is the purpose of this notation? I wonder if this could be
an XY question.

Best,
Jean