Re: Offset ClefTransposition number

From: Dimitris Marinakis
Subject: Re: Offset ClefTransposition number
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:39:25 +0300

Thanks,

No comment on the documentation.  The fault is on me because I only looked at the internals of the Clef and not the Clef Modifier which was literally the next chapter.

It's one of those things I rarely use so I hadn't looked thoroughly at those specific chapters.

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 12:44 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 17/05/2022 à 23:38, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
> There is also the more traditional method of looking at the
> end of the relevant section in the Notation Reference,
> namely in this case:
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#clef
>
> There is always a heading "See also", here it contains
> (among others): "Internals Reference: Clef_engraver, Clef,
> ClefModifier, clef-interface".

Oh, and actually, that section is pretty explicit:

"""
Known issues and warnings

Ottavation numbers attached to clefs are treated as separate grobs.
So any \override done to the Clef will also need to be applied, as
a separate \override, to the ClefModifier grob.

[example]
"""

To be clear, I absolutely don't want to blame anyone asking on the
lists: yes, there is a lot of material in the docs, and it's not
always easy to find your way. I am also the first person to ask
how to improve the docs. In this case, though, I think the documentation
is about as good as you can get ...

Jean