Re: Box around system

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Box around system
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 22:37:37 +0200

Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> writes:

> Jean is correct in telling you why your approach does not work. The
> system is not something that is created in a certain timestep, but
> rather as a single grob at the begin of translation and then broken
> down afterward, basically copying the properties of the original
> System grob.

That makes for the thought experiment: what would the cost be for
retaining the per-time properties?  Essentially one would have to keep a
copy of the grob-properties for each breakable column until the final
breakpoints are established.

How useful would that be?  How expensive would that be?  Frankly, I am
fuzzy about either.  Could it be used as a basis for something like
line-break dependent accident rules?

Could it provide a more user-accessible way of doing things than
\alterBroken ?

--
David Kastrup