Re: Box around system

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Box around system
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 01:13:02 +0200

Le 19/05/2022 à 00:56, David Kastrup a écrit :
Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

Le 18/05/2022 à 23:58, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
  (say)
\overrideMidBrokenSpanner Context.Grob.property = ...

Actually, the ideal interface for this is probably a modifier
like \once, \temporary and \single.

   \broken \override Context.Grob.property = ...
I am not sure: it seems more natural that breaking any spanner into
pieces leaves you with the properties valid at the start of the broken
piece, without needing extra instructions.

But for doing the equivalent with tweaks, it would be rather tricky to
make _that_ information column-dependent as well in some manner.  So
it's not clear that this leads to something wonderful.

Allow me to doubt: should the behavior of this piece of code
really change?

\version "2.22.2"

<<
  \new Staff { c'1\< \break 2 2\! }
  \new Staff { c'1\< \break 2 2\! }
  \new Staff {
    R1
    \override Score.Hairpin.color = red
    g2\< 2\!
  }
  \new Staff {
    R1
    g2\< 2\!
  }

Assuming that it is desirable to make the two upper
hairpins red in this case, it sounds like a serious
compatibility issue.