Re: Box around system

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Box around system
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 00:56:36 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le 18/05/2022 à 23:58, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
>>  (say)
>> \overrideMidBrokenSpanner Context.Grob.property = ...
>

> Actually, the ideal interface for this is probably a modifier
> like \once, \temporary and \single.
>
>   \broken \override Context.Grob.property = ...

I am not sure: it seems more natural that breaking any spanner into
pieces leaves you with the properties valid at the start of the broken
piece, without needing extra instructions.

But for doing the equivalent with tweaks, it would be rather tricky to
make _that_ information column-dependent as well in some manner.  So
it's not clear that this leads to something wonderful.

--
David Kastrup