Re: Guile REPL Server

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Guile REPL Server
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 09:45:58 +0200

On Thu, 2022-05-19 at 09:38 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> Le 19/05/2022 à 09:36, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > What does "nicer editing" mean here?
>
> Standard shell editing features: repeating previous command with arrows,
> and autocompletion.

In that case:

> If that is an optional feature to an already optional REPL, I'm even
more inclined to not include it.

In my opinion, this is really not something we need to provide in the
official binaries and blow things up for the average user. People who
are interested in this kind of features should be able to compile
LilyPond themselves (or use whatever their distro provides them).