Re: system-system-spacing in \layout block

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: system-system-spacing in \layout block
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 07:10:52 -0700

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 1:47 PM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 1:14 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
> >
> > There is a vast array of other options available; I suggest to give
> > more information on your score if none of these two solutions
> > is sufficient for you.
>
> Thank you, Jean.  As always, a thorough and informative answer!

Hi Jean,

While I was playing with your "macro" enlarge, I ran into a problem.
If the left hand has notes with stems, the stem will be way too long.

%%%
\version "2.22.2"

enlarge = \tweak vertical-skylines #(ly:make-unpure-pure-container
  ly:grob::simple-vertical-skylines-from-extents)
  \tweak Y-extent
  \etc

rightHand = { c'4 4 4 4 \break | c'4 4 4 4 }

leftHand = { \clef bass \enlarge #'(-20 . 0) c4 4 4 4 | c4 4 4 4 }

\score {
   \new PianoStaff <<
     \new Staff \rightHand
     \new Staff \leftHand

}
%%%

(The main difference is that the left hand part has notes with stems.)

Is there a way to fix this?  If this doesn't give way to a simple
solution, I may post all my code to Google Drive and give a detailed
explanation of the problem I'm facing.  (Would people feel comfortable
clicking a Google Drive link?)

--
Knute Snortum