Re: OLL & ConTeXt (was: Any LyX users?)

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: OLL & ConTeXt (was: Any LyX users?)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 18:24:02 +0200

Am 31.05.22 um 17:24 schrieb Andrew Bernard:

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote on 1/06/2022 1:13 AM:
That’s good to hear – but do you mean with OLL?

No I mean it would be good if you submitted this module to OLL when I get it back up and running soonish.

It’s not even a module but just a setup for Aditya Mahajan’s filter module (the generalization of “run an external program during a ConTeXt run”). I wouldn’t like to write parametrization overhead where it makes more sense to adapt the setup if you need it to work differently. There are probably only two users of LilyPond with ConTeXt anyway, and none of them wants to publish crititical editions of musical works. (If that’s false, I’ll gladly help.) We discussed critical editions of non-musical works several times – the needs differ so widely that setups will always be individual, and it’s not “the ConTeXt way” to publish packages/modules for a few settings, but share information about special setups in the wiki.

Hraban