Re: Cannot get clef and time on first measure

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Cannot get clef and time on first measure
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 17:47:06 -0600

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 4:13 PM Steven A. Falco <stevenfalco@gmail.com> wrote:
I've now got version of the piece with no warnings or errors (attached), and it looks perfect.

Glad to hear it!

I had to break some of the parts up so I could handle overlaps between the guitar parts and the melody, and while still using the "skip-of-length" constructs as much as possible.

That's pretty much the way you need to do it.

I don't know if there is a cleaner way to handle the overlaps, but I'm open to suggestions.  Also, is there a way to do math on the skipped lengths?

Not that I know of.

I could not figure out the scheme syntax for that yet, but if there was a way to say something like "#(skip-of-length melody_notes) minus one measure", that would be helpful.

Seems like you got it right.

I think you can also use skip-of-length in the lyrics.

Carl