Re: stacking of figured bass elements

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: stacking of figured bass elements
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 12:47:33 -0400

Hi Jean,

> Then I don't understand the problem. What characteristic
> of baseline-skip do you wish? Is it that it counts from
> the origin of each markup and somehow this distance is
> more convenient for you to provide? Is it that it ignores
> the extents of the markups?
>
> Could you explain the overarching problem? To me, this
> sounds like an XY question.

This sounds like it might be related to my [long-standing] concerns about
leading, etc., in markups: there either isn’t a convenient mechanism to deal
with texts/markups *from their baseline [and not their reference point]*, or
the convenient mechanism exists and isn’t sufficiently well
exposed/documented/promoted.

{
  \override TextScript.padding = #2
  g'1^\markup { agt }