Re: Prototype Frescobaldi in the browser

From: William
Subject: Re: Prototype Frescobaldi in the browser
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:02:00 +0000

Not passing judgement on this project either way, but there are lots of online
text editor applications, such as markdown editors or google docs. Some people
like to use them, others don’t. There are also other web applications which
apply the real-time-updates feature of google docs in a visual engraving
software. I guess there’s not really any reason to not have this as an option
for someone who likes it.

I’d like to say something else about this web application that OP should keep
in mind, in case others haven’t brought this up yet. As all of us know,
lilypond includes many features that are designed to be helpful for users who
know what they are doing but could be quite dangerous if malicious code is
parsed, such as the ability to read other files or run system commands. Are you
planning to run lilypond inside a chroot jail and/or in safe mode? Because safe
mode clamps down on a lot of the more extended functionality such as scheme
extensions and even other things such as #(set-global-staff-size).

I guess copying how lilybin et Al handle this will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone