Re: Music function help

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Music function help
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 14:10:47 +0200

Mark Probert <probertm@gmail.com> writes:

> Indeed it is, Aaron! Thank you!
>
> I have to admit the disposition, or not, of braces confuses me. Seems like
> they are optional in some places, and not in others, such as here. Is there
> a rule behind when they are needed?

Braces are never optional.  They form sequential music expressions.  If
the sequence only contains a single music expression, there may not be
much of a difference in interpretation but there is still a difference
in expression: if you use \displayLilyMusic, you'll see that every pair
of braces inside is getting reproduced faithfully.

In your example, you used braces to combine your music arguments into a
single expression, and as a single expression, it would only serve for
one of your music arguments.

--
David Kastrup