Re: Lilypond to XML Conversion Help

From: Ella Yu
Subject: Re: Lilypond to XML Conversion Help
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:00:21 -0700

Hi everyone, Thanks for telling me about the enable experimental features thing. I did finally see the export XML function but the results are terrible. Unfortunately I can't find the export MIDI option. Can someone please explain how to access it? Thanks.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 11:50 AM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 04/10/2022 à 18:51, Ella Yu a écrit :
> Hi everyone, I know the subject of xml export has been discussed a
> lot, but I do need help. I found some LilyPond files online for a
> particular piece that I need to convert to xml so I can then turn it
> into braille music. I know nothing about LilyPond code but am willing
> to give command line options a shot if it doesn't involve a lot of
> coding. I am using Windows. I am aware that experimental xml export is
> available but I want something reliable. And yes, I do have
> Frescobaldi and am willing to try MIDI export but I can't get that to
> work either. Any and all help is hugely appreciated. If anyone wants
> to help do the conversion for me, I am more than happy to send the
> files over privately. The files are some orchestral parts for a piece
> that's not too long.

I will save you time searching: at this time, no completely
reliable option for converting LilyPond to MusicXML exists.

The best option available is Frescobaldi's function, which
you can try out by activating experimental features in
Edit > Preferences, then restarting Frescobaldi, opening the
file, and using Import/Export > Export MusicXML.

Best,
Jean