Re: Lilypond to XML Conversion Help

From: Ella Yu
Subject: Re: Lilypond to XML Conversion Help
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:15:22 -0700

Thanks Jean. So basically the resulting exported XML literally won't open in MuseScore because it says it's not a valid XML file, so I went and opened it in Finale Notepad and then re-exported it and the notes were all wrong. I'll have to look at how to export the MIDI fles as it requires some LilyPond code know-how and I don't really know anything about the LilyPond code. I'll think about it, since I don't need those fles ready urgently but I do need them later this month.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 12:04 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 04/10/2022 à 21:00, Ella Yu a écrit :
> Hi everyone, Thanks for telling me about the enable experimental
> features thing. I did finally see the export XML function but the
> results are terrible. Unfortunately I can't find the export MIDI
> option. Can someone please explain how to access it? Thanks.

I am curious to know about the shortcomings of this Frescobaldi
feature. Could you tell more about it?

MIDI export is a feature of LilyPond itself, not Frescobaldi. It's
documented here:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/the-midi-block

In short, you have to wrap the music of each piece in a \score
block if it's not already the case, and add a \midi { } block
inside \score.

Best,
Jean