Re: Building Mac OS LilyPond versions automatically (Was : another 'wron

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Building Mac OS LilyPond versions automatically (Was : another 'wrong type argument' error )
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 21:16:41 +0200

On Sat, 2022-10-15 at 21:09 +0200, Jacques Menu wrote:
> Hello Jonas,
>
> > Le 14 oct. 2022 à 20:05, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> a écrit :
> >
> > (regarding "automatically" in the title, please see my other reply)
> >
> > To be clear, I my self am not working on this due to lack of hardware.
> > If somebody wants to give it a try, that would again be great. I can of
> > course try to assist, but remote debugging only gets us that far…
>

> In my first attempt, I installed software on my machine with Homebrew and
> MacPorts, and you told me that was not the way to go.
>
> I have the hardware and interest, but I’d need directives about how to
> proceed till I get a first version built the way needed to integrate that
> in the LilyPond production workflow.
>
> Can someone provide that?

If you remember, we had a bit of discussion off list in September.
Basically, you need to run the scripts in the release/binaries/
directory. I just re-checked the log files you sent me back then, and
it appears that Ghostscript didn't compile. That's what you need to
solve as a first step, maybe looking at patches in MacPorts or
Homebrew...

Jonas