Re: Flexible lyric alignment,Re: Flexible lyric alignment

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Flexible lyric alignment,Re: Flexible lyric alignment
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 07:06:38 +0000 (UTC)

>> * In the first pass, typeset everything without stuff marked for a
>>   follow-up pass.
>
> Namely, typeset all notes?

Yes.

> But how do you take into account the constraints from lyrics here?
> That is the whole problem.

They should be completely ignored.  My idea was to make the first pass
collect 'springs and rods constraints' so that note columns can't be
stretched too much by lyrics in the second pass.

Note that with a 'pass' I don't mean that LilyPond completely typesets
everything.  It's rather restricted to repeatedly solving the
horizontal spacing problem.

    Werner