Re: Flexible lyric alignment

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Flexible lyric alignment
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 08:12:17 +0100

Le 17/11/2022 à 08:06, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
* In the first pass, typeset everything without stuff marked for a
   follow-up pass.
Namely, typeset all notes?
Yes.

But how do you take into account the constraints from lyrics here?
That is the whole problem.
They should be completely ignored.

In that case, it should be completely doable even in Scheme now.
(I started writing some code yesterday in response to Abraham that
does essentially that, maybe I'll have it finished today).

However, this may produce a page breaking configuration where whatever
horizontal spacing you choose, a system is too compressed for its
lyrics to fit, and LilyPond producing collisions by default would be
suboptimal, IMHO.