Re: Flexible lyric alignment

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Flexible lyric alignment
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 10:15:23 -0500

Hi Jean,

> This is a vast refinement of the initial \autoMove function

I love that you generate “magic” solutions with such facility, and that you
still care enough to respect existing parameters (e.g., minimum-distance) and
include new useful ones (e.g., details.strength).

> - As said in a previous message, this is the other extreme compared
>   to what LilyPond does by default: lyrics are not taken into account
>   *at all* into note spacing.

In your algorithm, is there a way to turn off the feature on a per-syllable
basis? e.g., in the example you included, can we (e.g.) force the first word
[“Would”] to be considered in note spacing but not any of the other syllables?

Thanks again for this incredible tool!
Kieren.