Re: Flexible lyric alignment

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Flexible lyric alignment
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 08:51:29 -0700

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 11:21 PM Abraham Lee <tisimst.lilypond@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 6:36 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Hi,

Le 20/11/2022 à 21:50, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :
>> Kieren, you've got to try this out! It will blow your mind!
> I just took Jean’s example, and compared the output with and without the \include step… Truly astonishing.
> (I haven’t tried it with my Real World Scores™, but can’t wait to do so!)
>
>> Jean, seriously, this is amazing!
> Agreed.
>
>> This has turned a so-so day into an amazing one!

Well, I didn't expect such success :)

Attached is a revised version:

- Stanza numbers now properly avoid the respaced lyric words
   just like they avoid lyric words by default (the problem was
   a consequence of what I said about this snippet breaking
   assumptions LilyPond makes; in this case it can be arranged),

- There is a \doReserveSpace command doing what Kieren requested,

- #(ly:set-option 'compile-scheme-code) is commented out for
   the time being,

- Added some comments.

If this looks fine to you, I'll upload it to LSR.

Best,
Jean

That's exciting, Jean! Thanks so much for this. I'll test it as soon as I'm able and report back.

Ok, I can confirm that it works as expected. Thanks, again, Jean! No doubt I will be using this quite a lot over the coming months.

Best,
Abraham