Re: need help with 2.22 on mac

From: Flaming Hakama by Elaine
Subject: Re: need help with 2.22 on mac
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:56:32 -0800

As I mentioned, I did try 2.23, and I applied convert-ly to all my files.

The problem I ran into was:

    Preprocessing graphical objects...ERROR: In procedure %resolve-variable:
    Unbound variable: laissez-vibrer::print

However, unlike most of the previous errors that could be fixed,
because they tell you a file name and line number and the offending code,
this error does not tell me a file name nor line number.

It likely will if you add at the top of your .ly file, before any includes:

#(ly:set-option 'compile-scheme-code)

(Caveat for other people reading this list: this does not work on Windows currently.)

Without that, I don't know how to address the issue.
I don't really write scheme code, so it is unlikely to be something I wrote.
I have cut & pasted some scheme code from LSR into some libraries I include,
but I did convert-ly on those already.

How to address the issue is what I tried to explain above.

You need to find where your code uses "laissez-vibrer::print" (compile-scheme-code should help to pinpoint it), and replace that with "ly:tie::print".

Also, has \laissezVibrer changed since 2.22?
Does that even sound like something that would be related to the version upgrade?

Yes. The syntax of \laissezVibrer has not changed but there was a minor change in its internals.

Regards,
Jean