Re: \stopStaff \startStaff bug

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \stopStaff \startStaff bug
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 11:50:41 -0500

Hi Jean,

> That sounds like you want to make all zero-length events happen
> before the grace by default, but that is not always desirable,
> as \once \set/\override shows.

I would say the exact opposite: by default, all zero-length events should
happen between the grace music and the restarting of real time (i.e., “after”
the grace and “before” the real moment) — so the order would be

   0. music before moment M
   [regular time stops at “the limit of M-minus-m as m approaches zero”]
   [liminal space begins]
   1. zero-length events connected with grace music
   2. grace music
   [liminal space ends]
   [moment M finally arrives]
   3. zero-length events connected with post-grace music
   4. post-grace music

The only “handwavy” thing I see about my approach is exactly how to code the
“connected with” in #1… but given the fact that we have slur ids and the like,
I can’t imagine that’s unsolveable.

Cheers,
Kieren.