Re: \stopStaff \startStaff bug

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \stopStaff \startStaff bug
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 12:03:05 -0500

Hi Jean,

> Um, that is exactly the current default. And it is what makes
>
> \version "2.24.0"
>
> <<
>   \new Staff { \grace c'8 c'1 }
>   \new Staff {
>     \clef bass % zero-length => after graces
>     c'1
>   }
> >>

> return output that most users are not expecting.

In this case (as with so many!) the problem isn't moment-bleed, it's
context-bleed: the grace music doesn’t apply to the lower staff, and thus
shouldn’t be included in decision-making there; likewise, the clef doesn’t
apply to the upper staff, and so shouldn’t be included in the decision-making
there.

a.k.a. This still isn’t evidence that disproves my theory of how things
could/should work.

Cheers,
Kieren.