Repeat segno weirdness

From: Jeff Kopmanis
Subject: Repeat segno weirdness
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 01:50:04 -0500

I'm using lilypond 2.24.0, and am having a problem that I can't identify with a \repeat segno structure.  I've enclosed the .ly and .pdf files.  It compiles cleanly, and displays mostly correct, but there's a curious "1st ending" (a volta spanner?) that appears, and I can't figure out where it's coming from.  I've run the \repeat segno sample code from the docs and it doesn't behave this way, but with my score, it does it without fail.  I've attached the resultant PDF to illustrate this 1st ending that lasts until the coda.  I found the example big band score code online and it seemed pretty straight-forward, and without the \repeat segno structures, it works fine, so there's some option that's defaulting, or something extra that's missing to produce this odd behavior.

I'm at a loss at what's causing this.   Help!

-Jeff. :)

--
Jeff Kopmanis
Medium: https://kopmanis.medium.com

** Go Green and leave this email on the Screen! **