lout-users

Latin 2 support

From: dr.Eduard Werner (Edward Wornar)
Subject: Latin 2 support
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:54:21 +0100

Hi,

I'm the new kid on the block. I've got almost a decade of experience with TeX
and LaTeX.
Today, I've downloaded lout-3.24 and tried it out. The first impression is
excellent!

However, I have problems with the latin-2
support. I've tried

@SysInclude{ latin2 }
@SysInclude{ slides }

@OverheadTransparencies
@InitialFont{ TimesCE Base 17p }
//

@Overhead
@Begin
æÆèÈðÐïÏìÌåų£ñÑòÒóÓàÀøض¦¹©»«¾®¼¬
@End @Overhead

However, this does not work w.o. the @InitialFont directive and I think it
should. The other
problem is that the latin-2 support is incomplete, the latin-2 consonants with
acute accents
are missing almost completely, so that the package would work for Polish,
Croatian or Sorbian.

Furthermore, I often have mixed texts using latin-[2-5]; I'd like to be able to
use the
unicode stuff of mule and probably it would be no problem to make lout
recognize two-char
sequences for typesetting a certain character. I would like to extend the
package for Sorbian,
Lithuanian and Esperanto but I don't know where to start.

All the best

Edi
--