lout-users

Re: Latin 2 support

From: dr.Eduard Werner (Edward Wornar)
Subject: Re: Latin 2 support
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:21:33 +0100

Dnja Fri, 24 Nov 2000 Valeriy E. Ushakov pisa¹e:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 13:54:21 +0100, dr.Eduard Werner (Edward Wornar)
> wrote:
>
> > @SysInclude{ latin2 }
> > @SysInclude{ slides }
> >
> > @OverheadTransparencies
> > @InitialFont{ TimesCE Base 17p }
>
> > However, this does not work w.o. the @InitialFont directive and I
> > think it should.
>
> This is hard to achieve without revamping packaging system (and that
> probably gonna break existing setups, which is bad).

So what's the point in @SysInclude{ latin2 } then if it does *not* make
latin-2 characters available? I think I'm missing something ...

> > The other problem is that the latin-2 support is incomplete, the
> > latin-2 consonants with acute accents are missing almost completely,
> > so that the package would work for Polish, Croatian or Sorbian.
>
> >From looking at the "plus" files in 'fonts' my guess is that the extra
> composites were submitted by a Czech user (let me check...  rummage,
> rummage, rummage, aha! - Jaroslav Serdula (big thanks!)).
>
> You can extend the "plus" files by example.  Don't forget to submit
> your changes to Jeff.

I will. But coming back to the accent problem. Say I want an s with a ^ accent.
The obvious address@hidden circumflex}s puts the s beneath the circumflex and
address@hidden circumflex}|{-10p}s puts it even farther away. What should I do?
When
talking about accented characters occurring frequently, the clean solution would
be a soft font, but changing the font for an occasional character is not a very
economic solution.

Best

Edi

--